Sorry for disappearing for awhile. It’s been really, really hectic here—but in a good way! I just got back from Chicago for my baby shower, and the weekend before we had friends in town, and in between, well…there was just a lot to do.
So, yeah. The wheels are falling off the proverbial bus, my friends.
I vented awhile back about how I just wanted to quit exercising. But I started going to night CrossFit classes, which seemed like a workable solution for a few weeks.
Except now, it’s not really as workable anymore, because it’s still 100+ degrees every night for the evening classes, and I just don’t know if I have the fight in me to keep pushing through that. My hips, tailbone, and sciatic nerve pain is a main culprit—after sitting on my butt all day at work, they are just fried, and it hurts to move.
I’ve had a pretty easy pregnancy, all things considered, but this shit’s getting real, folks. I am uncomfortable and I really just want to rest, but I also don’t want to feel like a quitter. I don’t know. I’m going to try again this week and see how it goes.
Had a doctor’s appointment this week, though–I’m on an every two week schedule now! Highlight reel:
- Baby’s heartbeat was 138; attempted to elude Doppler but failed. Ha!
- Baby is head down but still up pretty high. I liked the doctor I saw this week–she actually showed me how to find the head myself ("it’s like a baseball in there") which was cool.
- Blood pressure was spot on at 120/73.
- Weight gain is higher than "normal." I say this because I am tired of hearing from people who are all, "I gained the very minimal prescribed amount of weight and no more!" that make me feel like a failure. I eat healthy, I exercise as much as I can, and my body is still gaining like crazy. I am just riding the wave at this point–there’s not much I can do except try to keep up my healthy habits and hope for the best after delivery, since everything else this pregnancy has been the picture of health. I don’t look particularly swollen, but my wedding rings got the heave-ho last week so I know I’m hanging on to some water weight. My doctor is not particularly concerned given that everything else is perfect and I’m still active and not downing junk for every meal, so I’m trying not to feel like too much of a failure.
- Fundal height was perfectly on track at 32 weeks. At my 30 week appointment, I measured a week ahead, but now I’m back to measuring on time.
This week, in fun news, I had my baby shower! I only managed to snap a few pictures, but baby is very, very spoiled.
Pre-shower, almost 33w bump:
There were baby rubber ducks that were supposed to float around with the mama duck in there, but apparently they started sinking and had to be removed. Whoops.
I found this one a little creepy, but…fruit salad baby!
(For those of you who were wondering—I returned the large items to Babies R Us and re-bought them here in KC. The rest I checked in two large suitcases, thanks to Southwest, except…one didn’t make it home. Yet. Please cross your fingers.)
Let me tell you—looking through the candids of me opening gifts…oy. Not at all flattering. Hello, double chin.
Can we even discuss the wee baby shoes my cousin made?
Hand soap favors. My family is not into throwaway trinkets, thankfully.
Anyway, it was a lovely time, and now I’m in nesting mode. The nursery should be for real done in the near future.
Seven weeks to go. OMG.