So! Now that we know it’s a boy, we’re actually DOING stuff to prepare for said boy.
Last weekend, we registered. Which, I might add, was totally frigging overwhelming. We’re going with Babies R Us and Amazon, so we spent Saturday wandering around the store with the scanner gun. (Then, I spent the rest of Saturday changing everything.) I wish I could have you guys review, but, you know, privacy and all.
Basically, I registered for one of everything. I’d rather have too much stuff than not enough. We have a crapton of storage room, and can re-evaluate priorities after any shower/showers that take place.
We also (I think) settled on some sort of design for the nursery.
This is going to be our rough color scheme:
I think the plan is…
- Light aqua blue walls, like the chevrons in B and the dots in D
- Either this crib in white or this crib in gray
- Use either the chevron or dots fabric for a crib skirt
- Dark gray valance and/or curtains
- A gallery wall with white frames and children’s book artwork/prints in the rough color motif of aqua/white/gray/red/black
- This dresser? Maybe? Can you have a dark wood dresser with a gray or white crib? Is that weird? Should I get a dark wood crib then, too?
- Neutral-colored glider, perhaps with a fun red quilt.
Discuss. I have no idea if this will look crappy or not.
- I now have to hoist myself off the couch. My “core” as I knew it is totally gone.
- Had a check-up, baby was good and we were both called “perfect” by the doctor. He seems to enjoy making the nurses chase him around with the Doppler wand.
- I’ve had some serious shortness of breath lately, primarily after meals. I think this baby is squashing my lungs.
- My skin feels super sensitive. TMI, but I’d go naked 24/7 if I could. Bras and underwear irritate the crap out of my skin.
- I got my first two stranger comments this week, both “When are you due?”…once from a meeting at work, and once from the lady at the DMV.
- Movement is pretty regular now. I’ll go most of the day without feeling him, but he seems to go nuts in the evenings and before bed. I feel him the most after eating and before bed. Nothing that’s like “that’s a kick!” yet, but I can feel him rolling about and generally doing things.
And finally, le bump:
I can’t believe this baby is half baked on Sunday. Whoa.